Budget Weddings IN UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fairy Tale Cinderella Wedding theme ideas needed?

3 posters

Go down

Fairy Tale Cinderella Wedding theme ideas needed? Empty Fairy Tale Cinderella Wedding theme ideas needed?

Post by Koleene Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:39 pm

My friend wants to have a Fairy Tale Cinderella Wedding Theme. Her boyfriend has been calling her his Cinderella/Princess since day one of dating. He is her prince charming. They would like to have it very soon, need help with planning stages of their wedding. They are thinking of Spring or Fall next year.

Koleene

Back to top Go down

Fairy Tale Cinderella Wedding theme ideas needed? Empty Re: Fairy Tale Cinderella Wedding theme ideas needed?

Post by Admin Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:39 pm

We did a Cinderella thing at our wedding because from day 1, we called each other Cinderella and Sweet Prince. But we incorporated the Cinderella stuff in such subtle ways that you would have to be really looking for them to notice. To me, it was important that I saw this stuff, but I didn't want to turn my wedding into a 5 year old's birthday party. I didn't care if no one else noticed the Cinderella stuff. I knew it was there and I could glance at it and be happy. I wanted my guests to see natural wedding components.

For the table number holders, we had little castles instead of that long metal pole that blocks your view from the people sitting across the table from you. I bought the Cinderella soundtrack. On it, Wayne Brady sings the song "Beautiful" and one of the lyrics of it is "I never thought I would find a Cinderella of my own." It's a nice song and we used that as our first dance. Also on the soundtrack one of the American Idol winners/runner up sings "A dream is a wish your heart makes" and we had that as the song the wedding party danced to. I had a Cinderella wine glass charm on my champagne glass. I gave my flower girls Cinderella pajamas and little blue purses with Cinderella charms. The stuff for the girls was the most direct Cinderella reference out of everything...and it was given to young girls as their thank you gifts.

My god daughter wanted to give a little speech during the reception. She recited the lyrics to "So this is love." I hadn't even planned on that! It was very special. It sounded like a poem when she read it.

On the front of our invitations, instead of having "You are cordially invited" it said "Sometimes in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives you a fairy tale." From what our guests would have seen, that was probably the most obvious of all of the Cinderella stuff. We got a lot of comments about that and people loved it...but it also fit our 40 something selves very well.

I think that was it for the Cinderella stuff. You can go overboard with it. I think the theme of a wedding should be wedding. The bride should be the center of attention and not the theme. But I also think it is nice to have some stuff that helps you pick this one cake over the 500 other cake designs in your bakery's sample book.

Admin
Admin

https://weddings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Fairy Tale Cinderella Wedding theme ideas needed? Empty Re: Fairy Tale Cinderella Wedding theme ideas needed?

Post by jasmineclarke.007 Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:42 pm

We wanted a fairy tale styled wedding last year and struggled with how to do it for ages! we didnt want it to look too tacky so what we done was hire out some fancy fairy tale style furniture from http://www.riolounge.co.uk/ (I think they deliver all over the UK) We got some large light up letters with our initials which looked fab! Some chandeliers, put up some fairy lights and lanterns which were great in the evening. the venue that we had was already very vintage so the furniture which we hired fitted in perfectly and although it wasn't very princess themed it really did look and feel like a romantic fairy tale wedding for everyone.

jasmineclarke.007

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down