Budget Weddings IN UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buying a wedding dress from etsy?

2 posters

Go down

Buying a wedding dress from etsy? Empty Buying a wedding dress from etsy?

Post by Koleene Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:58 pm

Has anyone ever bought a wedding dress (or any other wedding items) from etsy.com? There's this one dress on there I'm pretty in love with and it's only $199! I'm on a low budget for our wedding so this is a great find for me. If you've bought a dress from this website was it good quality? I know a lot of online sites are from china and they are low quality dresses so I am trying to avoid this.

I read the reviews from her shop on etsy and she seems to have very good reviews. I just sent her a message asking some questions so I'll see if she replies back. Thank you all that have answered so far but especially if anyone out there has actually bought a dress from here (seller name specifically is lassdress so that would be even better) or know someone who has bought a dress from etsy would be extremely helpful!

Here's the link to the dress I am looking at: http://www.jueshegowns.co.uk/wedding-dresses.html
Also, If you have any other information regarding etsy or any other legitimate websites that have decent priced quality dresses, that would be helpful too.

Koleene

Back to top Go down

Buying a wedding dress from etsy? Empty Re: Buying a wedding dress from etsy?

Post by Admin Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:59 pm

I have ordered various nick nacks from Etsy and here's what I have found: The etsy website does a somewhat sub-par job informing it's sellers of new orders and specific notes from the buyer. Once when I ordered something, and didn't hear back from the seller, or get a shipping confirmation or anything for several days, I emailed the seller directly and they replied and said something about hating the way etsy sends them order information, because it causes such a delay in the order process. Another thing I have found is that the sellers on there are somewhat unprofessional, their etsy listings are something they do on the side and they fulfill orders whenever they get around to it.

Now for wedding dresses, I would imagine their attitude to be different. I would suggest contacting the seller first and asking them any questions you have. Get specific answers from them about the quality of the material, turn around time, and return policy. I would base your decision on whether or not to do business with them on how well and how fast they respond to you. If it takes them more than 2 days to get back to you then I would not feel comfortable ordering from them.

Admin
Admin

https://weddings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:59 pm

I tried to look at the dress but it's not there anymore. I've gotten a dress like this from Ebay. First off I suggest to ask for real photos of the dress so you know what to expect. Ask for close up photos to check out the details (ie train details) along with the back end of the dress. If this is a custom dress, consider asking if they can bustle it while it's being made. Ask what sort of boning they use. Find out which undergarments you should be wearing when you're getting measured. (bustier, body shaper, ect) Usually they are usually pretty accurate but find out what tolerance they have from your measurments you give them (are they allowed to be over an inch?)
Will you need a pettiecoat?
If you're getting a laceback, how much of an opening do they expect you'll have once it's on?

I didn't buy my wedding dress from Etsy, but I do know a couple women who have, and they were both very pleased with their dresses. It wasn't from this specific seller though. I am a big fan of Etsy and order from there all the time, and looking at the feedback from this shop, I would trust it enough to buy a dress from her. I would definitely check the return policy though, just in case something goes wrong. You want to be able to return the item if it's not as expected, but most people won't take the risk of getting negative feedback. However, it looks like quality work, and you can't beat the price.

Another site to look at is http://www.jueshegowns.co.uk
I did buy my dress from here (the Camilla dress) and I was SO HAPPY! They are located in Los Angeles, they have a return policy and great customer service. They are so inexpensive too! I loved my dress, and I recommend this site to pretty much everyone. Good luck to you!

Admin
Admin

https://weddings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down