Budget Weddings IN UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you say no kids on the wedding reception invites?

2 posters

Go down

How do you say no kids on the wedding reception invites? Empty How do you say no kids on the wedding reception invites?

Post by Charlenec09 Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:27 pm

The site where we are having our reception does not allow children. How would you put this without sounding rude? I don't want to put it on the actual invite. I would rather put it on the reception card.

How do I say in a nice way that kids are not invited to our wedding? We want adults only, so what should I put on the invitation explaining this that won't offend anyone?

I know they say its not proper etiquette to put anywhere on your invites "no children allowed" or "adults only".Well, Im doing it anyways. I just want the message to be passed along to everyone instead of doing it by word of mouth and having the chance the my fiances sister doesn't get the memo and her bring all her 4 kids! We are not putting it on our actual invite but on an insert card that goes into the pocket of the invite. So, are there any "nicer" ways to say this?Ideas anyone?

Charlenec09

Back to top Go down

How do you say no kids on the wedding reception invites? Empty Re: How do you say no kids on the wedding reception invites?

Post by Charlenec09 Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:28 pm

Normally people understand that if someones name is not on the envelope, they are not invited. It is ok to say Adults only please.

As subtle and polite way to say it would also be to include a an extra card to the guest with kids recommending a sitter you know who is available that night. Find someone who would be willing to watch many kids that night and give his or her number. That way some people who live further away wont have to reject comming because they cant find a sitter, and a friend of your can make some money. This isnt necessary, but a nice gesture for your guests with kids.

I have seen them read "Adult Only Reception to Follow" I had the same problem but mine was that I forgot to have that printed on the invitations when I ordered them. I stressed about it for like a day or two and decided that my envelopes would address those who are invited, when I get the rsvp back, if there are more guests then invited (child or adult) I will simply contact the person(s) and let them know there was a misunderstanding and only BLANK is invited.

We're having the same problem. What we ran into though is that a lot of our family pretty much said they would NOT come if they couldn't bring their kids. To which I said "Fine. Don't come." but my fiance has a very big family and if we said no to everyone then we'd be losing like, half of our guests. So we decided that children 8 and up could come to the ceremony, but we'd provide child care for the rest so that the kids could come to the reception.

However, our idea was to just send a small explanation with the invites of people with kids. It would say "Your presence on our special day is very important, however, we do not have the accommodations for our guests to bring their children. If this is an inconvenience, we apologize and hope that something can be figured out. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help you." We figured that would be a lot more graceful then "We hate kids and don't want them anywhere near our wedding."

Good luck... its definitely a sticky situation.

Charlenec09

Back to top Go down

How do you say no kids on the wedding reception invites? Empty Re: How do you say no kids on the wedding reception invites?

Post by HarryApteme Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:49 pm

You can just say, "adult event only". Or if you want to include a little explanation the response I quoted below will be perfect.

Good luck!

Charlenec09 wrote: "Your presence on our special day is very important, however, we do not have the accommodations for our guests to bring their children. If this is an inconvenience, we apologize and hope that something can be figured out. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help you."

HarryApteme

http://www.rhlive.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down