Budget Weddings IN UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second time around brides: Is this normal before my wedding?

Go down

Second time around brides: Is this normal before my wedding? Empty Second time around brides: Is this normal before my wedding?

Post by Libby88 Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:46 pm

I am getting re-married in three months to a wonderful man that I am completely in love with. He has never been anything but good to me.
However, recently I find myself being consumed with thoughts about my ex-husband. Mostly bitter thoughts. He was abusive to me, responsible for the death of our daughter and unfaithful. No part of me cares for him at all. Leaving him was the biggest relief of my life and I've never looked back.But everything he put me though recently has been on my mind. I recently heard a song ( by Adele) that described how I feel about him perfectly....
"Under haunted skies I see you
Where love is lost your ghost is found
I braved a hundred storms to leave you
As hard as you try, no, I will never be knocked down, whoa

I can't keep up with your turning tables
Under your thumb I can't breathe

So, I won't let you close enough to hurt me...Next time I'll be braver
I'll be my own savior
When the thunder calls for me"

So I guess my question is are thoughts like these normal for a second time bride or are they maybe a warning sign or indicative of something? I think I'm worried that maybe my ex-husband messed with my head so much that I'm not mentally prepared to get married again? Maybe this is normal though I have no idea. If anyone can offer *constructive* advice I'd really appreciate it.

Libby88

Back to top Go down